Skip to content

New Marriage Tax Tips

New marriage equals new tax responsibilities.  Here are a few marriage tax tips to consider.

wedding tax tipsThese new responsibilities include:

  • Reporting name changes to the Social Security Administration
  • Changing tax withholdings by giving employers a new Form W-4 (Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate)
  • Filing Form 8822 (Change of Address) with the IRS to report any address changes.
  • In addition, newly-married couples with a Health Insurance Marketplace plan who received an advance premium assistance credit will need report any changes in circumstances to the Marketplace.
  • Need help?  Let Hedley & Co. guide you through your new changes and help you understand the long term tax implications.