Hedley & Co is a Saratoga County based CPA firm. We enjoy an excellent reputation and offer tax, accounting, and consulting services to a wide array of clients. We are seeking additional team members to be part of our continually growing practice. If you are an intelligent, well-focused and client-oriented accounting professional who wants to expand your horizons this is an opportunity for you. You will work directly with other dedicated team members with the common goal of doing the best for our clients.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Provide tax compliance and advisory services to partnerships, corporations, C-corps and individuals
- Prepare complex tax returns (1065, 1040, 1120, 1120S and 990s)
- Prepare compiled or review level financial statements in accordance with GAAP
- Research and consult on various tax matters
- Correspond with the IRS and state tax agencies.
- Gain an understanding of client business operations, procedures, and needs.
- Represent the Firm in a positive light by maintaining a professional demeanor, dress, and attitude at all times.
- Follow established procedures, but also suggest innovative, progressive ideas.
- Local travel to visit clients may be required
What We’re Looking For
- CPA or significant progress towards CPA certification
- 1+ year prior tax experience in public accounting
- Proficiency in accounting software: QuickBooks (desktop and online) and Microsoft Office
- Excellent interpersonal skills working with other staff and clients, oral and written communication
- Ability to manage multiple projects for different types of clients, in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to learn quickly and work both independently and as a team member to complete tasks
- Meticulous attention to detail and follow-through
- Willing to learn and teach others
- Competitive base salary
- Annual Bonus
- Benefits (company paid health and retirement)
- Flexible time schedules (extra time required during tax season)
- Paid Continuing education